Saturday 4 June 2011

Party town

Aka Bodrum.

Please let me introduce you to the Lonely Planet's description of the place: Today it's known throughout Turkey and beyond as a posh paradise where sun-kissed travelers dance the breezy summer nights away".

And being here is totally what it feels like. This city is absolutely wonderful, and so is our hotel. We are 1 minute away (I kid you not) from the beach/restaurants/anything our spoiled little hearts could desire. All this for 25 Turkish Liras a night. We got quite a deal, thanks to Karel's extensive research!

The view is absolutely stunning here. You want to take a picture of everything, because it's all so beautiful -and it doesn't stop. Examples:




Yup. You know you want to be here. I have succeeded in my getting tan mission! This hasn't happened in years. I must say, it is nice that here, we can wear whatever the hell we want and not care. I mean, men still look at all the girls that are passing by, but it's completely different from everywhere else we've been in Turkey where you are likely to be harassed if skin is showing. I completely understand that it's a different culture and will always strive to act respectfully, but it's also nice to be able to let your guard down every once in a while.

We sneaked inside a resort today to enjoy their sandy beach. We even got a second round of drinks for free! We keep on getting things for free...it's kind of funny. But also weird -we're pretty convinced it's because they take pity on us. Or because we're young (this city is rich, but it's a lot of older people too) and they want to make their place look more 'hip'. Who knows!

Free daiquiri!
I got too much sun though, I feel dehydrated, hot, and I have a headache...off to bed! We might visit the Underwater Archeology museum tomorrow. Karel is so excited!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment