Saturday 11 June 2011

So Sorry

Hey everyone! First off I am SO sorry for having gone M.I.A. Internet access has been a lot harder since we left Bodrum for Oludeniz and there were so many emails to answer and things to figure out that I never got around posting here until now.

Big news (for those who do not know already): I'm heading home, starting today at 9:00 PM Turkey time. Yep, that's right. Karel left early this morning and flew to Vienna, from where she'll head back to Budapest and then who knows where.

Let me explain so I make a bit more sense. In Bodrum, there really was not much to write about. We went to the beach everyday, had people give us free stuff (among which were food, drinks, and cocaine. I wish I were kidding) and grew more and more weary and uncomfortable with the place and the people, until we both hit our limit. A mini breakdown ensued, in the form of spending the day at the mall, going to watch The Hangover  Part II, having fries and ice cream at Burger King and going hunting for a Starbucks until we could have our frappucino. Yeah, it was bad. We felt horrible as we were doing this, but I cannot, repeat, CANNOT stand to have another Turkish man wolf whistle, make inappropriate comment as we walk by or say "Yes please!" in that unbelievably irritating way of theirs. I could've dealt with it if we had been here for just a week, but when it's been more than three...

Moral of the story: 5 weeks in Turkey is just too long. The reason I decided to head home early was that I didn't to bring back nothing but bad memories about this wonderful country. It also felt right to me to go home instead of continuing on to Europe. I have a few other opportunities for the rest of the summer, so this blog will not be entirely dead.

I'll post more when I get home, about Oludeniz which has the most beautiful beach I have ever seen and more thoughts on getting home and being home. But for now, I need to pack and figure out my airport transfer.


We've had some amazing times here.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment