Sunday 15 May 2011

Wien

Hello! Sorry I've been out of touch these past few days -the days are so full that I've hardly had any time to go on the Internet, let alone write a blog post.

I met up with Karel towards the end of the afternoon (on the 12th) and after settling in our room (will edit once I remember to take/upload a picture of it), we went out to discover the Ringstrasse. It's a road that circles most of Vienna's 'tourist' sights. We got lost (of course) in an epic search for a restaurant that Rick Steve has deemed up to his standards. To be fair, the street it was on had no name, and we managed to find it. The food there was my first (and certainly not last) encounter with Vienna's non-friendliness towards veganism. To be perfectly honest, I'm only sticking with being vegetarian around here. I could be vegan if I tried hard enough, but it's one of the first time where I feel I would actually be missing out on a lot if I were to limit myself (hello Viennese pastries). Also, I'm travelling with an omni. I don't want to be a pain in the ass either.

Enjoying the wine to forget about the cheese in my pasta.
I seriously thought I'd be able to do a recap of at least the 13th, but I'm falling asleep on the computer, and tomorrow we're leaving early to visit Schonbrunn Palace. I promise to catch up tomorrow (and post pictures too!)

Love,
Dalia

PS: I did not proof read this. Forgive my silly typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment